Off Topic Is there a way to download Facecast videos directly?

General subject and ideas
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Off Topic Is there a way to download Facecast videos directly?

Post by oliver21a »

I tried to reverse engineer the android apk but can't figure out how to bypass the certificate pinning mechanism which is used to prevent network traffic from being seen. I know about screen recorders but sometimes they detect it and all that gets recorded is a black screen. I see some videos in this forum that look like they're downloaded directly from the m3u8 link. Is there an easy way to get the link from a streamer?
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic Is there a way to download Facecast videos directly?

Post by oliver21a »

go to the live and look for the share link.. open a browser paste the link there.. you'll be redirect to the page where you can play a video of the live stream.. then use firefox addon to scan for m3u8 link.. u can use vlc player to watch the stream there..
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic Is there a way to download Facecast videos directly?

Post by oliver21a »

Thank you so much! I can't believe I missed that. In case anyone else is wondering, you can use chrome dev tools to find the m3u8 link. Open up dev tools before navigating to the copied link, look for the api call and check the json response. The json response should have a "hlsUrl": " with the m3u8 link. From there, use your preferred m3u8 downloader. Yt-dlp works perfectly.

Link:
https://s.buzzcast.info/share/third/live?liveId=