Off Topic Got caught leaking and banned from OF. Question is.... how did they catch me?

General subject and ideas
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Off Topic Got caught leaking and banned from OF. Question is.... how did they catch me?

Post by oliver21a »

Long story short, I leaked a purchased PPV image set on a similar forum as SMG. Two days after I posted it, I get I DM from the creator or their management asking why I did it. I ignored them (duh) and in a couple hours I was banned from OF. The question is.... how do they snag people? Metadata within the image files or video? Unique filenames? Digital watermark? Physical watermark hidden somewhere in the pixels? Or was I unlucky and the only person who purchased that PPV? She isn't necessarily a small creator.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic Got caught leaking and banned from OF. Question is.... how did they catch me?

Post by oliver21a »

Probably the simplest explanation would be that you were the only one/first one who bought it so you were the only suspect. But since you've mentioned that this isn't necessarily small creator then the chances of this being true are low. So I'd say there is some kind of hidden watermarking going on. Not only that, but this would also mean they have a way of generating unique watermarks, because if they didn't there would be no way to distinguish between users. Probably the best way to find these watermarks world be to compare two pictures bought from two different accounts. Unless there already exists a tool to do this.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic Got caught leaking and banned from OF. Question is.... how did they catch me?

Post by oliver21a »

It’s probably just the bigger accounts who do this I would think since it seems like something smaller accounts wouldn’t but it would be nice to know if there’s a way to try and avoid it
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

Just my two cents, but I heard of some creators that when they send out PPV's they send each person subbed a slightly different version of whatever it is, so that no two are the same and can be linked back to the person it was sent to. So if they know leaker leaks here for example, they sign up here then wait for the next leak, then they see what exactly was leaked then link that back to who it was sent to and bam, they got ya. It would be a bit of work for them especially if they have a lot of subs. But not everyone of those subs buy the ppvs. Even less if the ppvs are pricey. But who knows. Only other way I can think is that her legal reps requested your ip from here or wherever you leaked to and matched the ip to your OF. But if you use an VPN thats unlikely.