Off Topic How to download instagram video stories

General subject and ideas
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Off Topic How to download instagram video stories

Post by oliver21a »

I was able to download instagram video stories up until yesterday either with the inspect element function or addons/plugins for the web browser but they changed something and I can't do it anymore. There are some websites that work but only for public profiles. Does anyone know how to do it or any tool for downloading video stories other than screen captures?
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic How to download instagram video stories

Post by oliver21a »

I'm having the same issue, idk why but there are some stories that I can download with addons Tho I catch something with inspect element and the video files are now BLOB so I can't download them I used to save IG stuff on mobile apps but they're outdated or simply are terrible
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

Well I finally found a way, although it's a bit tedious to do. In the video story you want press ctrl+shift+i (the inspect element thing) and click on the network tab, then refresh the page, it will ask you if you want to see the story as your profile, say yes and then you'll see a big list of things that you can sort by type. There should be a small bunch of mp4, double click on the one with the bigger size and it will open a new tab with the video but it won load (it has some kind of error message). Go to the url and all the way to the right it says "&bytestart=" and bunch of numbers and then "&byteend=" and more numbers. Delete from "&bytestart=" all the way to the end and then go. It should take you to the video where you can right click and save video. I know it's a ball ake but untill some developers update their addons/plugins it's all we got.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

in chrome i use a mix of search by image (has a function that let's you open pretty much any image in a new tab, works on onlyfans aswell) for pictures and videoDownloadHelper for videos and on android an app called storysave. is no longer updated (and i think not even in the playstore anymore) but still works and apks can be googled. oh and one more thing there is a windows app called 4k stogram which works nicely. not sure how much it can download as a free version though
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

Open your story. Tap in the bottom right of the photo or video you'd like to save. Tap Save Photo/Video to save the individual photo or video or tap Save Story to save everything from your story as a single video.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

use aero insta