Off Topic how to "hidethanks"

General subject and ideas
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Off Topic how to "hidethanks"

Post by oliver21a »

Can someone explain to me how the hidethanks feature can be used? In the help section, I read the rules about hidethanks, but it doesn't explain how to actually implement it. Can somebody explain? Thanks.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic how to "hidethanks"

Post by oliver21a »

im new so im not 100 percent sure, but i think the way it works is that it hides a link to a (usually) larger video/collection of content, and the only way you can see it is if you like/react to the message. its a way to incentivize lurkers into liking posts, and from what i can tell it seems pretty effective in that department too. cheers!
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

example... This used to be the bb code to hide a link. Seems like mods removed the feature sometime today as every link with the hidethanks feature isn't working including a post I made yesterday with it.

Link:
https://forums.social*****.com/got ... id=1987618
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

Honestly I'm glad it's been removed. When you see a hidethanks post with 600 likes surrounded by regular posts of similar content that have barely 20 you know something's not right. Wish more people liked regular posts, but forcing a like just to see it seems wrong if the liked difference is so vast.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

For sure. But it would be a price worth paying if it stopped auto dmca takedowns which I think is the main idea anyway

Link:
https://forums.social*****.com/got ... id=1989291
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

Having migrated from TB, I almost gave up on the forum after seeing the hidethanks abuse. It had a clear purpose, but it was clearly abused for like farming.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

hide thanks encouraged me to unlike posts in the other lands