Off Topic Topaz AI video enhance program request

General subject and ideas
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Off Topic Topaz AI video enhance program request

Post by oliver21a »

Anyone using this program? it makes videos super clear and upscales them quite a lot. I cant use it cause it needs windows 10 at best (cause it uses directx12) and i have the 7 ones here is the link to the trial version: its a 2GB download and its free, the use is pretty simple too, just drag the vid you want to be upscaled and improved and select the appropriate coding for the job (different coding=different results) and the file you want it converted in (mp4 for example) and thats it. here are two vids i want to improve but i cant anyone interested in doing it?

Link:
https://topazlabs.com/video-enhance-ai/
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic Topaz AI video enhance program request

Post by oliver21a »

Hey man, I have the newest copy of this software. There are a few things you have to understand about it before using it. It's not a magical tool by any means. What it really does is "smooth out" the pixelated edges of a video. It's not AI learning or anything like that. The videos you have will not work with Topaz. Videos have to be over 1000 kbit/s bitrate for the software to do anything worth being impressed about. It can't make a piece of garbage, like the videos you present above and make them watchable. There is nothing for it to "enhance". Both of your videos are 145 kbit/s. So almost 1/8 the amount of detail required to do any real work. This software also requires a extremely heavy duty CPU and GPU in order to process a video in any kind of reasonable time. I can easily do your videos in a matter of minutes, but they wont look anything different than the originals. Even If I upscale them to 4k. There just isnt enough detail. Sorry bud.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

i thought that program was more of an online service, due to the heavy system requirements?
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

I have a video that I wish someone would make for better quality. If you are interested in doing this please PM me. Thank You!