Off Topic Ant Video Downloader Tutorial

General subject and ideas
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Off Topic Ant Video Downloader Tutorial

Post by oliver21a »

I keep seeing the same question over and over and over regarding how to download files from X Y Z of some host or website. I'm going to make this post to refer people here in order to save time and energy. Hopefully this doesn't break any rules. Ant is a piece of software I discovered a couple of years ago, that has basically never failed me in being able to download any video media type from almost any host. You must have a PC running windows with firefox installed in order make this work. It's quite possible this may work on Chrome, but when I tested it years ago, I never worked that great and I never bothered testing from that point forward since firefox works fine. 1. Have a windows PC with Firefox/ installed. 2. Install ANT, Press ADD. 3. After ANT is installed as a firefox extension, you will find a new Blue Down Arrow icon near your options menu on the top right of your browser. 4. Click on that Blue Down Arrow icon, and you will see this dialog 5. You must download this additional software in order to make ANT work properly. 6. AVD-NativeApp-4.15.8-Release.msi is the current release of this software. If you're viewing this page months or years after the fact, the version will be different. Just get the newest version of AVD-NativeApp. Download it and install it like you would any piece of software. . 7. Once you have downloaded and installed the software. Close Firefox and reopen it. You will no longer see the Native App is not available dialog. And your ANT software is ready to download videos. 8. Find a video you really want to download, You have to be able to PLAY THAT VIDEO on the current tab (in firefox) that you're viewing. Otherwise it will not work. If the video is playable, ANT should find the network stream and show you a download-able link. Optional: If you click the ORANGE -DOWNLOADS- Button (upper left shown above), it will take you to a new page and show you where your file is downloading to and the status of that download. If you're using a Phone or Tablet, or MAC, this is not going to work for you. OR it might, I'm just not aware of a work around to make it work. This is how I use this software and it works for me 99.99% of the time.

Link:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... er-player/
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic Ant Video Downloader Tutorial

Post by oliver21a »

Thank you for taking the time

Link:
https://forums.social*****.com/mem ... l.3429778/