Off Topic Computer Experts! I have a video stored in Gdrive and I want to directly upload it to a filehost like zippysha

General subject and ideas
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Off Topic Computer Experts! I have a video stored in Gdrive and I want to directly upload it to a filehost like zippysha

Post by oliver21a »

Lets say I have a video file on GoogleDrive and I'd like to share it with you guys here on the forum. Instead of having to first download the video to my desktop and then upload it to a filehost service like zippyshare/gofile/etc to generate a sharing url, is there a way to send the file directly from Google Drive to the file hosting service? Constraints: a) No GoogleDrive desktop sync, the file in question must live in the cloud. b) Cannot generate a GoogleDrive sharing url/link of the file of posting it to the forum for the users to directly click. The idea is that the file stored in GoogleDrive can be freely shared without being linked back to Drive and putting the account at risk. Flexible: a) You can choose the filehosting service, especially if it has specific features that allow the workflow to be succesful. If your solution is universal, even better! My computer illiterate thoughts: This sounds like its going to require apis and shit - fuck. Are services like Multifilemirror helpful at all? The motivation behind this question is that I want to share more content on this forum. All my files are stored in GoogleDrive so if I could skip the download step it would be a huge time saver and I could spend more effort posting/sharing/re-uping broken links. I know what I'm asking for is very doable but I don't carry any of the neccessary skills. If someone could help me I'd really appreciate it. In return, I can offer lots of cloud storage space by creating a Shared Drive for you to access (basically unlimited storage space) - or idk maybe you'd want to implement a similar workflow as me so developing it would be a win-win! And I'm sure there's others on the forum who would appreciate a similar tool so let's make this idea happen!! also, apologies in advance if I used any terminology incorrectly, I'm really really bad at technical stuff. Thanks!! --------------- EDIT: First off, thanks for all the comments and suggestions! I wanted to add some more information and address everyone at once. Previously, I was disorganized so I stored files everywhere (mega, hard drive, gdrive, etc). To share files, I uploaded them to mega and created a shared link to post on this forum. Links would get reported, taken down, and the file would be deleted from mega - which wasn't that big of a problem if it was a small file. Big files (like shared folders >10gb) was a problem because either I didn't have a copy elsewhere so I lost it forever or if I did have a copy, I rarely re-up'd (see URL [1] below, I get at least 1-2 mesages a day asking for re-up). However, my account eventually got terminated, so all my content and every link I've ever posted was killed at once. To re-download, re-upload, and replace each link is simply too great a task. Since then, I've organized and stored all my files on google drive. I've (temporarily) stopped sharing large folders. To share small files, I download them from google drive, and re-upload them to wetransfer. The positive is that because I'm not directly sharing from google, my account isnt at any risk of being terminated. Secondly, not a single wetransfer link has even been taken down via a dmca report. My theory is that by the time it takes to discover the link, file a report, and have action taken - the 7 day wetransfer lifespan is over so it's not even worth it. The new problem of course is every 7 days you need to re-download and re-upload the file to re-create the link, which also has become too great a task. WeTransfer Pro addresses this problem, it gives 1TB of storage and allows the link to stay forever. However, I don't know if its policies are like mega and your entire account is at risk for termination. So to summarize, there's a couple problems and I'd like a solution that tries to solve all, if not most, of them. And I think it's doable! 1. storing all files in the cloud, no desktop/external drive 2. protecting your main file storage account so in case of dmca reports/account termination, your main files remain safe 3. avoid having to download files first then also upload them to share 4. if shared links are terminated, it is easy to create a new link and re-share (for small files) 4b) for large files 5. if shared links are directly associated with an account, and the account gets terminated, it is easy to restore 5a) the account, 5b) the files on the account, and 5c) the shared links I tried out MultCloud (30gb free trial) by transfering files to mega and it's a good solution for problems #1, 2, 3, and 4! I can address #5a and #5b by creating a second shared drive so whenever I transfer a file to my mega account, I'll mirror it on the second drive. If the mega gets deleted, I can just create a new mega, and then use MultCloud to copy the all the folders/files stored from the second drive to the new mega account. However, the problem is #5c because when the mega account gets deleted, all of my shared links are killed. I'm not familiar with the majority of other services you can conect with google drive using MultCloud, so maybe a solution still exists with this software. For anyone still reading, I have a crazy idea. And maybe someone can take this concept and create something even better. So, let's assume the reason wetransfer links have been immune to dmca takedowns is because of its 7 day lifespan (personal experience and theory - NOT fact). But IF (BIG IF) it is true.... [1]

Link:
https://forums.social*****.com/mem ... zu.608045/
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic Computer Experts! I have a video stored in Gdrive and I want to directly upload it to a filehost like zipp

Post by oliver21a »

You can transfer files among a number of cloud storage services like gdrive, mega, dropbox etc. But only ones that you have an account at. Free or paid.

Link:
https://www.multcloud.com/
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic Computer Experts! I have a video stored in Gdrive and I want to directly upload it to a filehost like zipp

Post by oliver21a »

I used Thoai Media many moons ago as it was free (think it still is). It had the easiest UI but was basic. The above post from onzu looks pretty good, but haven't used it myself. Just remember that to enable these things to work, the site would need to be given access to your drive. Not saying there are dodgy people out there (yes I am), but obviously be careful about that kind of thing. Hopefully there's another way to do things that another user can help with.