Off Topic PlayStation 5

General subject and ideas
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Off Topic PlayStation 5

Post by oliver21a »

I wanted to pre-order one but then I remembered how launch systems have various issues or missing features so I decided to wait until summer of 2021 to buy one. I have a huge backlog of PS4 games and my PS4 Pro is still working okay. I also don't have a super fancy TV. Did you get a PS5? Which edition? Why did you buy it? Do you also have a PS4? Do you have a 4K TV with HDMI 2.1?
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic PlayStation 5

Post by oliver21a »

I bought it (standard edition with the disc drive) Still waiting for it to arrive (mine was ordered from BestBuy and I'm still waiting for it to arrive, i live outside the US) I have the PS4. I don't have a 4K TV. I have a Samsung LED. it's 1080/60hz nothing special.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

As much as I'd love one, I'm waiting till there's a few more games out for it. Got plenty of stuff to play via the PS4
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

You should also remember how launch playstation often end up being the one with the best build and fonctionalities ( ps3 anyone?) ....I will not be surprised if the next iteration of ps5 end up removing ps4 disk playback in favor of a digital playback option only.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

I planned on waiting out until at least Spring or Summer to purchase one. It just seems like too much of a hassle to get one right now, especially on the resale market with prices being extremely high. Right now, the only game I play is COD Warzone and MP and that works just fine on PS4. I bought Cold War too but that game is shit and I dont expect it to get any better on PS5.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

I play all my games on my pc so I won't be getting the new systems. I just wish they brought NHL to PC as that's the only game I really miss.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

This is the first new gen console I am considering to buy. I have been a pc gamer since 2009, but I have always been jealous of playstation exclusives. I always had to watch someone play last of us or the new spiderman games. With the addition of faster load screens I am heavily considering buying it. However, if I do buy one I am waiting it out. I just can't be bothered with scalping.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

My disabled son has been asking for this every since it was first announced and we have been using the promise of getting one for Xmas as a incentive for good behavior and doing school work since he has a hard time with remote. He gets one on one instruction at his school but that isn't something we can provide since we work and cannot sit with him all day to make sure he is doing his work so he has been failing classes. Like most people we have been unable to get one and it is unlikely we will due to all the scumbag bots and resellers that have been scooping up inventory by the thousands. I personally know of one person who is a neighbor of a friend of mine who gamed the system to get a few hundred consoles and is selling them for $1400 for the disk edition and $1200 for the digitial. Total fucking scumbag price gouging fuck. I hope he gets some sort of painful disease and dies soon as well as anyone else engaged in this type of behavior.