Off Topic Opinion about the leaked content

General subject and ideas
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Off Topic Opinion about the leaked content

Post by oliver21a »

There are many creators who are upset because their content is filtered to various sites, they don't consider that this leak is necessary, so that the stuff they make can be viewed, criticized and possibly acquired legally by anyone who sees it (including us). Many of the content creators of Patreon and Onlyfans have grown impressively thanks to the leaks, without that situation surely there would have been few who would have been encouraged to buy a subscription legally. Now, why filter content? For a very simple reason: When I obtain material legally or illegally, I see it, evaluate it, Ienjoy it, and then what? it stays stored in a hdd or in the cloud and only sometimes I see it again, I prefer that others can also see it and make their own judgment about the content. In case you had paid it, that money will no longer return. Why should content creators stop removing links and filing complaints with the DMCA? These are the reasons: - Leaks generate a very large impact on virtual communities, the people who form them are potential customers, if that market doesn't observe the product that it can buy it is difficult for it to risk buying something that doesn't meet its expectations. - Leaks generate money: if the creator has 100 patreons and the next month thanks to the leaks she has 110, it means that the leaked content made her $500 (assuming that the subscription costs $50). - Beyond the number of people who can see the content without paying, expectations are generated among people, so they will want to see the new content as soon as possible, this is related to the 2 previous points. - The loyal followers will continue buying the content, if they stop doing it it will be because the content lowered its quality or they stopped liking something and not because the leaks affect them directly. - There is a greater criticism about the evaluation of the content, it helps to receive new and better ideas and to generate awareness about what is being paid, the creator can also improve and this will be reflected in the numbers of the month. - The creators want money, I invite them to make an economic and sociological analysis about the gains they will have if they let the content continue to leak and they will see that it definitely suits them (something similar happens with movies, series and music, those industries generate more than ever despite piracy). - I have heard the argument that the creators don't want to "be famous" and that is why they denounce the leaks, let me tell you that whatever is on the internet (whether or not it is paid) will continue on the internet, if you don't want to be known just not use internet.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Re: Off Topic Opinion about the leaked content

Post by oliver21a »

Maybe the creators that do tame down leaks the more often are the ones that are not willing to give free content. Like, there are several people that have some form of free content for exemple a free only fans account, or free shows on other platforms like mfc. On the other hand, and i don't know much about it, they take too seriously the legal use of the content they are selling. Because they dont take in consideration the free publicity, really want to control who sees their content... idk
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

This is something that content creators have been refusing to acknowledge since the dawn of the digital age. From no-name blog writers to billion dollar movie studios, they fail to realize that ideas and patterns are not ownable things...the stuff covered by "intellectual property" law is not property at all. Or at least, it can't be property without infringing on real property rights. Sci-fi writer Neil Gaiman figured out a decade ago that "piracy" isn't a bad thing: For more:

Link:
https://www.techdirt.com/articles/20110 ... hing.shtml
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

That's a great clip and he's absolutely right. That's how I discovered Dan Abnett by getting a book for free. I went on to purchase 8 more of his novels after that.

Link:
https://forums.social*****.com/goto/post?id=759876
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

People do not realize the power of clicks/views even if at the start it looks like someone is leeching. They need to view it as one of the best free advertisements directed perfectly at the target audience. I get it everyone wants to be most viewed with a million subscribers, reality is though majority will not/can not blow up naturally.
oliver21a
first captain
first captain

Post by oliver21a »

any publicity is good publicity